Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sunday Reflections on the Gospel in Karis and Kales


I woke up early to a little seven month old bouncing on my chest wanting to play. Thus, I thought I'd write a short list of things I have observed in my children about the gospel. As my readership should know, I have two children: Karis and Kales. Karis is two years old and disabled with a leukodystrophy called Krabbe and Kales is not. Watching both of them, I have learned much about what it means to be a child of God through the gospel. Through Karis' helplessness, I have discovered what it means to be absolutely dependent upon God. Through Kales' playfulness, I have recognized the need to be child-like in my pursuit of God in Christ again. Reflect upon these truths with me this Sunday morning:

5 Lessons of the Gospel I Have Learned through Karis

1. She needs to be fed directly from us just as we must be fed directly from the Father.
2. She cannot bathe herself just as we cannot wash away our own "dirt."
3. She moans when she wants her Daddy to just hold her.
4. She has to be carried and cannot move on her own.
5. She loves to hear Daddy's voice.

5 Lessons of the Gospel I have Learned through Kales

1. She is curious about God's world.
2. She wants to play with her Daddy.
3. She cries out for her Daddy even just to get his attention.
4. She babbles without shame to her Daddy.
5. She laughs when her Daddy calls her by name.

In closing, my new schedule for updating Goldfish in Winter will be three times a week. Please leave a comment if you are a regular reader. It would be helpful to know who those are.

No comments:

Post a Comment